Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easy Peasy Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes

I'm all for making baked goods from scratch. I love testing out new recipes. But sometimes, you just don't have the time. 

I made some quick and easy BOSTON CREAM PIE CUPCAKES today...a great last minute idea. Just take a Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and make cupcakes. Let cool completely. Then use a "Bismark 230" tip from Wilton Cake decorating kits, and pipe in filling into the inside of the cupcake, You can use vanilla pudding, or any similar pudding filling. (I used pre-made Kozy Shack tapioca!). Then mix 1/2 cup heavy cream with 8 oz. chocolate bits (I used "Chocolate Dream" semisweet chips), heat slowly over a double boiler until the cream starts to get warm, and stir the chips until they melt. I let the chocolate ganache cool slightly, then turn the cupcakes upside down and twirl them in the yummy chocolate topping. Easy peasy, for when you don't have the time for baking from scratch, but people will still think you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment