Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Friday, February 17, 2012

My GF day in Tiverton RI

I went to visit dear old Dad today at Sakonnet Bay Retirement Living on Main Road in Tiverton, and I had to stop at Alice's Diner on Main Rd., Tiverton, for lunch. They were serving GF fish and chips, and I hear that they will be open later than usual on Fridays in Lent...but you MUST call first to reserve your spot. From there, I went to Healthy Havens, also on Main Rd.,  and had a chat with Kathi Thiboutot, the owner. Thiboutot was diagnosed with CD 21 years ago, before GF food was readily available. Her store offers GF...and ONLY gluten-free! No stopping to read labels or worry: every item in the store is gluten-free! While we were discussing all things GF, one of the "regulars" to the store, Jo Ann Faris, a nutrition consultant, joined in the conversation. We will be talking nutrition for celiacs with Ms. Faris in a future blog post. All in all, I made some great contacts today, and everyone seemed ecstatic that a new resource was available in the CeliacGirlRI blog, and everyone promised to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment