Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Westerly and the Interview

I went on a job interview today to the Westerly Sun, in Westerly, RI, for an editorial assistant position. While looking around town to see if there was a shop that served gluten-free food, I was pointed in the direction of Ten Sandwiches, at 7 Commerce St. The folks were plenty helpful, and said that all their in-house sauces were GF, as well as their Boar's Head deli meats. However, there was no GF bread choice. They said that most GF folks supply their own bread, and Ten Sandwiches makes them their lunch. Good to know, in case I get the job! Wish me luck! (I've been unemployed since June, when I was laid off from the Providence Journal.)


Also on Commerce St., I passed a cool window display, and had to check it out. Mary D's Antiques. They had a huge assortment of collectibles and antiques. The owner, Lois, was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked a collection of old tools, and they had a great supply of vintage kitchen items as well.

All in all, Westerly seems like a nice town to work in, even if it is a helluva drive! (50 mins.) We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment