Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Friday, February 3, 2012

Cupcake Happy Hour at West End Bakery and Dinner at the Laughing Seed Cafe, Asheville, NC


The West End Bakery in Asheville, NC, hosts a "Cupcake Happy Hour" on Fridays from 3-6 p.m. I had some yummy GF cupcakes there with my sister-in-law Jackie, her son Brandon, and his two buddies, Zane and Justin. These boys are a hoot! If you're ever in Asheville, check this place out! www.westendbakery.com

I also visited the Laughing Seed Cafe with Jackie, and had a great dinner. I ordered the Carolina Shiitake Corn Cakes, Southern style corn cakes with chunks of fresh corn, Shiitake mushrooms, cilantro, scallions
and red peppers served on a bed of mixed greens, topped off with house smoked tomato jam and cashew cream sauce. They are both gluten-free and vegan, and were extremely tasty. It felt good to go out to eat and enjoy my food, now worrying about whether or not it would make me sick later. http://laughingseed.jackofthewood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment