Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A few quick notes...

Amazon has another freebie cookbook for Kindle:

Coconut Flour! 47+ Irresistible Recipes for Baking with Coconut Flour: Perfect for Gluten Free, Celiac and Paleo Diets [2013 Edition]

by Donatella Giordano

Don't stress if you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free app for Mac or PC, and read it on your computer!


HOW TO KNOW WHICH ITEMS IN THE PREPARED FOOD DELI SECTION AT WHOLE FOODS ARE GLUTEN-FREE...

I was at Whole Foods Market in Cranston this week to get my calcium-magnesium citrate (a staple for all celiacs), and I saw that they had quinoa-cranberry-sweet potato patties. Since I'm a paranoid son-of-a-gun, I asked the deli guy if there were GF. He shared a sweet trick with me: if it has a purple label on the item, and it says Healthy Starts Here, it's GF! How cool is that! No more feeling like a pain in the butt when you ask them to check ingredients for you.

 

I've got a secret...

I'll share it with you soon. I've been talking to some really great GF sources in the community, and I have some info to share. So stay tuned, and I'll spill it as soon as I can.

Eat safe, K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment