Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Sunday, March 4, 2012

French Toast made from Eva Ruth's Sandwich Bread

This morning, I made French Toast from the sandwich bread I got from Eva Ruth's Bakery in Middletown. This is no dainty little loaf; it's a huge, honkin' 48 ounces of rustic delight. It has texture, nice crumb, and a sweet taste reminiscent of Portuguese sweet bread. I received the bread this Thursday, and it was still fresh as the first day when I opened it again this morning - and I haven't refrigerated it! It held up well to the egg mixture (I added cinnamon and a touch of vanilla to mine), and I actually had to find a larger bowl to fit the slice when I dredged it in the egg! And the result - a French toast you that never left me wishing I could eat "normal" bread. Kudos, Eva Ruth's!


No comments:

Post a Comment