Pages

Triumph Dining Grocery Guide

Monday, November 12, 2012

Just a few quick thoughts...

ANOTHER RESTAURANT WITH GF OPTIONS

One of the photographers at the Newport Daily News told me that he went to Dan's in Exeter for lunch the other day, and the waiter told him that they had a gluten-free menu. I checked online, and they do have some GF options, though I didn't see a specifically GF menu. If any of you out there have tried Dan's, let us know what you thought about it. 

TESTING GF BEER

I've been trying some GF beer lately, and last week one of the NDN staff left me a surprise - a 12 oz. bottle of Green's Dubl Dark Ale was on my desk when I came in. After I asked who the beer fairy was - he wasn't impressed by my remark - he said that he found it in a liquor store in Newport. Since he writes a beer column for the Newport Daily News, I guess he was doing research...yeah, research, that's what I'll call it! Anyway, my thanks to Gary. I've recently tried New Planet 3R Raspberry ale, Dogfish Head Tweason'ale, Green's Dubl Dark Ale and New Grist beer. The hands-down winner, for my taste buds, was the New Grist. I've tried Redbridge before, but it's not my cuppa. Everyone has different tastes, and I'm no gourmet when it comes to beer. I haven't had it much. So try a few GF options, see which you like, and share it with us.

DEADLINE TO PLACE HOLIDAY ORDERS WITH A&J, EVA RUTH'S

The deadline to place holiday orders for pies, cookie trays, loaf cakes, muffins and biscotti for the holidays from A&J Bakery  and EvaRuth's is Saturday, November 17, 2012. Email me if you are interested, and I'll forward you a coupon for $1 off a pie or $3 off a cheesecake.

Pumpkin Streusel Muffin from EvaRuth's

Hoping to get more time this week to post. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. I'd love to hear how you handle Gf for the holidays. And don't forget: send me your Christmas wish lists for Santa. I'm still collecting ideas for a GF Christmas gift list

Eat Safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment